NGK Equivalent for Motorcraft SP-596

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was looking up new plugs for my 23 Expedition Limited. The only thing I can find is the stock SP-596.
NGK (ngk.com) doesn't show any results. It also asks for VIN G or VIN T. My VIN has neither a G or a T in it.
However NGK (https://ngksparkplugs.com/en/) returns one result ILFR6M8S. But that number can't be found anywhere.

SP-596 shows a gap on .040, the ILFR6M8S one NGK site shows says .032.

What gives?

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@JimmyM Check out this post by @LokiWolf

OP
OP
J

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Only 17kmi on it right now, but was interested because a friend is replacing plugs in his EB F150. Which sort of took me down the rabbit hole

OP
OP
J

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on the LTR7BHX. I wonder why the SP-596 are recommended at 041 vs the NGK at 031.

OP
OP
J

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wouldn't dream of it.
I was just curious given my buddy changing his at 30k and that he's going with NGK iridiums at .028

Beer sounds like a great idea.
First real maint is getting done at 50k. Trans, diffs, thans case.
'Til then, just oil changes at 5k

Reaction score
I just changed mine out tonight at 40k. Went with the ngk ruthenium that Loki wolf recommended. After pulling the 1st one out and looking at it I probably had another 20k or more left on them but went ahead and put the new ngks in. I will be interested in seeing the life span of these vs the factory oem.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I changed mine to the ruthenium as well. Had 30k on the stockers and they had exactly zero wear. I mean none. Had started the job so went ahead with it. Thought I might find one with some wear. Nope. Not one.

I think the off idle is a tad better. At least I want it to be. lol. At least I got them from rockauto and the labor just cost me a slightly stiff leg and back.