No communication from OBD2 code reader to PCM on 2005 Ford expedition 5.4 3v engine Triton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1Iasiamay

Reaction score
Hello to all my Ford expeditions Triton engine, recently I have had a problem with my 2005 Ford expedition no crank no start. Turn the key to the on position all lights on the instrument cluster light up but no crank or no start.. replace the starter.. ignition switch was fine until I started messing with it and now the ignition lock linkage broke. But the ignition switch still turns the vehicle on while dissembled from the ignition lock cylinder.. so I try to plug up my OBD2 code reader which it keep saying communication error from code reader to PCM. I have power and ground on the OBD2 female connector . Code reader continues to say communication error. Replaced female connector with new wires. I also recently changed a timing guide which now my chain is loose which I thought if I crank the engine it would tighten up but unfortunately I can't even crank the engine nor can I turn it over manually by hand/breaker bar

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdmoney