Picked up a new '03 EB Expy last night......needs work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EastCoast4x4

Reaction score
Went last night and picked up a new to me 03 EB Expedition last night. It's rough around the edges, but traded a guy straight up for my 00 Grand Cherokee. After this morning, I was re-thinking that trade!
So far I know that the front seats are trash. Leather was not taken care of, it's all cracked and driver seat has two tears in it. Heated/Cooled seats don't work. NONE of the power windows work. So far today I pulled apart the front left, to find that the regulator is bad, and the motor is just plain missing. Ripped out the regulator while I was in there. Left rear, motor is good, regulator is bad. Both of them seem to have the same issue where the ends of the cable where it wraps around the spool for the motor have gotten all twisted apart and even though I spent some time tightening them back up, they can't be put back in place and made usable. Right rear window motor is bad, regulator seems ok. I know the motor goes down, just not up. Cleaned the switch, no change. Pulled out the test meter, power going to the motor in up and down, it just doesn't go back up. Didn't feel like pulling apart the front right door just yet. I figured I would save that battle for another day. Right off the bat I am in for about a 4-500 repair bill just in parts. Yay. Also need a set of tires, and the interior is just plain nasty. HOWEVER, even at 213K miles (knock on wood), the drivetrain seems great. PO didn't know if plugs have ever been changed, so that will be for another weekend way down the road. Lots of little stuff is worn pretty bad, power mirrors make a wonderful clicking sound when adjusting them from the worn gears, rear vent windows make a similar sound, and I think the sunroof leaks. All said and done though, I still came out ok, and I am happy with the trade. My GC had it's own set of problems, and couldn't tow very much, which is the sole purpose that I am getting this truck. Can't wait to find out what else doesn't work!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site...once u get things in order...it'll be a great solid truck...u have 100k more than me and I have a 04...

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3) National Member

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
:welcome:

Sounds like you may have inherited someone elses issues. :eek: The fact that the interior is trashed and motor was missing from power window doesnt inspire a lot of confidence with the previous owners maintenance.

Wish you the best of luck with it!

There are many here willing to try and help with any questions you may have.

Post some photos!!