Please help, I've tried everything. Wierd noise and stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lauraw

Reaction score
I have searched the forums for months but I can't seem to find the fix. When my 2008 Expedition V8 warms up it starts idling rough and making an awful noise. It runs fine until I try to go into reverse or put it into neutral. So far Ive replaced

Battery
Alternator
Timing Chain
cam phaser
camshaft sensors
vvt sensors and solenoids
spark plugs
oil pump
multiple oil changes
O2 sensor
new PCM programmed at the dealership
crankshaft sensors
new torque converter
Transmission sensor

Each of these have had no effect on the problem.
This has been an ongoing plague since december
The car does fine on short trips around town and if I try to reverse when the engine is cool it doesn't make the noise. The engine has to be running for like 25mins

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have searched the forums for months but I can't seem to find the fix. When my 2008 Expedition V8 warms up it starts idling rough and making an awful noise. It runs fine until I try to go into reverse or put it into neutral. So far Ive replaced

Battery
Alternator
Timing Chain
cam phaser
camshaft sensors
vvt sensors and solenoids
spark plugs
oil pump
multiple oil changes
O2 sensor
new PCM programmed at the dealership
crankshaft sensors
new torque converter
Transmission sensor

Each of these have had no effect on the problem.
This has been an ongoing plague since december
The car does fine on short trips around town and if I try to reverse when the engine is cool it doesn't make the noise. The engine has to be running for like 25mins

At any point since December, has the vehicle been scanned for any trouble codes?