Poping sound after shut off and door opens HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nathanialson 08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok this has been going on ever since I bought the truck an it don't do it all the time but 95% of the time it does, when I turn my truck off after driving it and open the door I heer a loud poping sound and i'm sure its from the door speaker but not sure but what I do know is its from the left front of my expy inside the cab area.

OP
OP
Nathanialson 08

Nathanialson 08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope the whole inside sound system is all origional from the factory and when I bought my truck it was a dealer buy back from a single mother with 3 kids so i'm sure she didn't mess with the truck at all.

KC Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To me. it sounds like the Factory Amp is not turning off like it should be. When you shut off the key, the radio stays on. Try turning the radio off before exiting, and then see if it pops. You can also try turning the key off after you already opened the door.

On a side note, do you have an external source, such as an MP3 player plugged in? I dont have the wiring manual, but it may be the amp stays powered if the aux jack is still pluged in.

Just a few thoughts..

OP
OP
Nathanialson 08

Nathanialson 08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It still pops when I turn the key off after I open the door and some times it does if I turn the radio off, i have no aftermarket mp3 player (just the mp3 in the stock stereo) and it will pop wether the aux jack is in or not i'm still lost??? how would i be able to check if the amp is not turning off? dealer wants around $97 dollars to diagnose the problem and thats before fixing the problem.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can you still listen to the radio after you turn the truck off before you get out? then its the amp. thats why it does it when you turn off the radio off or open the door cause thats when the radio shuts off