rain Water / Car wash water in doors.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Whitehurst

Reaction score
Sloshing water in all 2017 Expy doors. I am told at the dealer there is no fix other than removing the plastic tab on the bottom of each door and let it drain. Additionally the rear glass leaks so water droplets appear on the inside after washing. Anyone else sloshing around town. Any rusty results ?

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure why this is in the 4th gen forum.

Yeah it's a fairly common issue on the 3rd gens. Many just pull the plug on the bottom of the doors and let it drain. Sometimes you have to fish a wire up in there, as mud and crud get built up in the bottom of the doors.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not all 17 doors are filling with water, atleast mine hasn't yet.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Brent Harward

Reaction score
2013 King Ranch ~ pulled the plug(s) after a Texas sprinkle of 8" in 2014. Never put'm back. No problem. It's a Ford.

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sloshing water in all 2017 Expy doors. I am told at the dealer there is no fix other than removing the plastic tab on the bottom of each door and let it drain. Additionally the rear glass leaks so water droplets appear on the inside after washing. Anyone else sloshing around town. Any rusty results ?
Pull the weatherstripping back and blow out the clog in all your doors. It’s an easy fix