Ready Lift Question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoCalExpo

Reaction score
Can Somebody help. My buddy has a 2000 F150 and he bought this lift for his truck. It's called Ready Lift. It uses two torsion bar keys to raise the truck. My question is i am getting conflicting information on how to do this. I never have come across this before. What is invlved in doing this? The instructions that came with this says it only take 30min. But i have a couple front end guys i know working at a Ford dealrship saying there is a lot more the what the instructions let on.. Anyone help?

a11m1ghty

Reaction score
The Ford Tech are right. I've seen sites explaining how to tighten up the torsion adjustment bolt to raise the vehicle (30-45 min). But to swap out the Keys is a really involved process....

croatone

Reaction score
I never have figured out why after market keys are even necesary.The truck comes with adjustable keys already. You wouldnt want to go higher than two inches with stock bracketry for the a- arms and differential cradle anyways. It would also stretch out your cv shafts at to much of an angle. It would ride terrible to go higher than 2.5 inches with the factory keys anyways. Also I can adjust the torsion bar settings in 10 minutes with an 18mm. Just crank one side equel turns to the other and done.. If your buddy wants to use the kit then he needs to lift the truck off the ground and remove the bars. Its a pain in the ace...