Restoring Leather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Groover

Reaction score
The picture shows the condition of my leather seats. I have tried two different leather cleaners on it along with a special leather cleaning cloth that has a texture to it. I can't make any progress.

Is this dirt or damage?

Any hints or tips for restoring it?

Thanks!

IMG-5843.JPG

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
It looks to me that the dye (paint, actually) is wearing off of it. If it's dirt, you can use "Foaming Bubbles Bathroom Cleaner" on a damp rag with a soft brush to instantly clean any dirt. I don't know what you can do to reliably re-dye worn dye from the seats.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nothing to restore, just dish soap and a horsehair brush needed

Or actually... that TurtleWax foam crap with the brushes on the bottles should work. It's not dish soap and horsehair bad yet.

AENavyVet

Reaction score
It looks to me that the dye (paint, actually) is wearing off of it. If it's dirt, you can use "Foaming Bubbles Bathroom Cleaner" on a damp rag with a soft brush to instantly clean any dirt. I don't know what you can do to reliably re-dye worn dye from the seats.
You can redye the leather, I've done two King Ranch seats in F250 in the past not really that hard.

kep5niner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve used Colobond leather paint / dye recently, with amazing results. I’ve had great success with several vehicles over the years, and Colorbond offers factory matching colors.
IMG_4642.jpg
IMG_4649.jpg

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The picture shows the condition of my leather seats. I have tried two different leather cleaners on it along with a special leather cleaning cloth that has a texture to it. I can't make any progress.

Is this dirt or damage?

Any hints or tips for restoring it?

Thanks!

View attachment 70904

I have used leather / vinyl dye from this company to restore blemished areas on the inside of my 2015 Expedition Limited with Dune-color interior: https://classicleatherdye.com/

Ensure you use the provided cleaner and the suggested type of pad that they recommend prior to using the dye.

I used the liquid dye and use a suggested foam-pad applicator, which worked very well.