Reverse lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnb1019

Reaction score
hello I have a problem and have no clue where to look at, i have no reverse lights when i shift it into reverse, Ive check the bulb socket with my tester with the parking brake on and the ignition on but not running, is there a fuse or a relay that controls the signal? also I have been thru the column a couple times fixing the loose shifter, so if something came loose or not i dont know what to look for, any ideas?? thanks, cause i have LED taillights, 3rd brake light, and a 60" LED lightbar coming that lights up in reverse also,.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not sure about a fuse but im sure theres one for it...or relay

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Check fuse #5 inside the dash to make sure that fuse is good. After that, you have 1 of 2 problems. You either 1) have a bad tranny position sensor, or 2) have bad wiring between the tranny position sensor and the back up bulbs. I would highly doubt that you blew both back up bulbs at the same time, but stranger things have happened. A quick check would be to check the tranny position sensor and the black/pink wire leaving the tranny position sensor feeds directly to your back up lights. If you have power at the sensor but the lights don't light, then you know you have a wiring issue. If you don't get 12 VDC on the black/pink wire when you put the truck in reverse, then you are most likely looking at a bad sensor. I would first check the light blue/pink wire on the sensor also. This is the power coming into the sensor and if you have 12 VDC there, then that confirms the sensor. If you don't, then you have a wiring problem between the fuse box and the sensor.

Hope this helps.