Rough rider now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kahuna

Reaction score
My 2022 Max expedition at 34,000 miles seems to be riding pretty roughly. it’s almost as if the back is not connected to the front end. If that makes any sense. The front rides and handles handles bumps smoothly with good shock absorption. But those same bumps when they hit the rear end shakes the entire car. it rides like a truck now and I seem to have lost the smooth….Shall I say executive feel?

I did replace all four tires with Michelin defender LTX M/3. But they’re not known to be rough riders. I remember reading somewhere about these expeditions and having some kind of shock absorption coordination between all four wheels.? Could it be that that automation is not working now or that the new tires threw it off??

If not should I try upgrading the rear shocks and if so with what?

Thanks in advance!

SnodB

Reaction score
Very similar experience as original post. I bought a late year 2021 Expedition Stealth Limited (not Max) and no CCD suspension 3 months ago. After several attempts to balance the low mileage tires, I swapped them to Michelin defenders, same as original post. Your description and feel is same for me at 33,000 miles. The new Michelin with RF balance make a difference and have read other posts about the “rattle” I am chasing in sunroof (goes away when I pop it up).

All that to say I will be sure to listen for feedback from others on what I can do get the 2 rear wheels/suspension to not feel so “bumpy” around town. Thanks all for reviewing.

OP
OP
Kahuna

Kahuna

Reaction score
Oh oh I think I may have hit on a nerve here I believe my 2022 max stealth limited has ccd. But I’m not home to check the paper but will tomorrow. That’s what I was thinking was the CCD wasn’t working?? More to come.

OP
OP
Kahuna

Kahuna

Reaction score
Did validate I do have the CCD on max 2024 limited stealth.