Running boards for 2022 Ford expedition Max XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

meg15501

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding aftermarket running boards for my 2022 Ford expedition Max XLT. The only places that seem to have compatible ones are the dealership. Anyone have any input?

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
While searching extensively for RB's on my 011, I was informed by several techs who work at 3 different Ford dealerships that Ford does NOT release the build/design specs & patents on them to aftermarket parts makers until 5 years after the model year/mfgr date of the vehicle... so yours should become available sometime in 2027 :(

That's why you can't find them anywhere, although I have heard rumors that some aftermarket companies have tried to anonymously buy them direct from Ford dealers (without getting them installed) and were flat out refused, and warned that any unauthorized reproductions would result in severe legal action...

My local dealerships wanted $2500 to replace mine, and they will only do them in complete sets (L&R) with the boards, motors, brackets and control rods....

However, I found just the motors with the brackets & control rods for $250 online per side, since I only needed the driver side but NOT the boards, which are in great shape and I refinished the step surfaces on them last year with that rubber grippy stuff like is used for spray-on bed liners & undercoating, which was only $40/quart at Home Despot....

The whole removal/installation only took me about an hour, but I went slow because I had never done it before, so I'm sure if had done the other side, it would have went much quicker
:)

Patricia

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding aftermarket running boards for my 2022 Ford expedition Max XLT. The only places that seem to have compatible ones are the dealership. Anyone have any input?
I’m having the same problem, I’m tired of the chrome strip tearing up in the running board.