Stay the course or Jump Ship?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

papaweely

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Expedition XLT 4x4 with 105,000 miles. Looking at 2015-2017 F150 XLT 4x4 5.0L. Not sure which way to go. I use trailers but like the idea of the truck to toss things in the back without the need of a trailer. F150 has a little more MPG and tow power. Maybe the 5.0L will last longer than the 5.4L?

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
In most ways, the Expy & F150 are almost the same vehicle, albeit with some minor differences here & there...however consider this...

A) At 105k, the Expy will likely start requiring some more-than-minor maintenance & repairs. If you are prepared for that, then it would be worth keeping. If not, then a newer vehicle might be a better use your money & time...

Note that there are folks on here still running Expy's that are much older and/or with many more miles also. I have an fairly solid 011 EL with 80k on it, and barring any major breakdowns, I plan to "drive it 'till it won't go no mo" :D

B) If you can find a 15-17 F150 (or Expy) in good shape with a little lower mileage for a good price, then that would be also a fine choice...

So you will 1st need to decide which you like better, the open pick up bed or the enclosed Expy, and go from there....

Good luck with your decision !