Those who have Extended Service Plans (ESP)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

37ford

Reaction score
Which plan level do you have?

Have you had work done that either wasn't covered by the ESP or wouldn't have been covered by a lower plan level?

My 2019 has 108K miles and has been a real pain in my side this summer. I'm going to get an ESP, and I'm trying to determine if there is anything that the "ExtraCare" doesn't cover that can be considered a typical problem with these cars. My gut tells me to just get "PremiumCare" so Ford can't try to pull anything over on me.

Boosted

Reaction score
For me, the PremiumCare wasn't too much more than the ExtraCare when considering how much more it covers. Shop around on Zieglers to figure out the differences.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got the premium care warranty from Flood Ford. So far I haven't used it, but it still has another 28 months of coverage, so there's still opportunity to get something for my money. If I had it to do over again, I would have opted for fewer miles and added lighting coverage. This is only the second extended warranty I ever bought. The first was on our early-build 6.0 diesel and we never had to use it.

BMW2FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went with the Premium care to get lighting coverage which was an extra $100 on top. Lights in these trucks are expensive, especially if you have the LED’s which are not serviceable.

51ChieftainDeluxe

Reaction score
I just purchased my new to me 2021 max limited with 33k on it 3weeks ago and negotiated the 7yr 150k mile 100$ deductible premium care with the lighting option for it. After losing my transmission on my 16 tahoe ltz and 2 sets of struts, rear shocks, shark fin antenna leak etc over a 3yr period I didn't want to chance it. 8k for a new tranny alone was a tough pill to swallow let alone the almost 2400$ for each round of struts.. first time ever buying an esp. Chose to go with "better to have it and not need it" rather than needing it and not having it.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bought mine thru Anderson and Koch back in 2020?. 72months/75K miles. Don't remember what I paid, but I have never used it. Premium plan with lighting, key and rental. Like I've said, I think I got a good one with zero issues...ever. Starting to question if tranny issues are coming. At times, it won't up shift and the other day going down hill to a stop sign, it down shifted several gears causing it to rev high. Anyway, warranty expires in November. I'll either extend it for two more years, or buy something else....but what?