Touch up Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

freebob57

Reaction score
Need touch up paint for black part of steering wheel (pic attached)

Attachments

• IMG_6417.jpeg
    IMG_6417.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 16

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
in all seriousness, I bet there isn't touch up paint for the interior components, as it's all plastic they would probably want you to just replace. is there a slightly hidden spot you could try something like an artist's pen or even something as simple as a sharpie? I have had some success in the past doing things like a sharpie, let it soak a few, then wipe it off to blend it in.

Woodwolf

Reaction score
Need touch up paint for black part of steering wheel (pic attached)
This is a serious issue. ford engineers know for ages that scratched steering wheels are a major safety issue with any of their vehicles, especially if infused with germs or touched with fingers that recently scratched the lower back, which in turn can transmit to other people.
Lacking a permanent solution for a fix, Service bulletin 2024.L.A.U.GH recommends using a high quality masking tape until a suitable fix is found, such as getting a small vial of similar paint from a Paint or Hobby store. Ford emphasizes that steering the vehicle is not affected by this temporary fix./s

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Theres interior/plastic paint u can buy at a local store or online. Or, if the scratch is small enough a black permanant marker. Regardless, I doubt both options will be a perfect match and you will see the difference either way. Or, if you have extra money to spend, a new steering wheel can be installed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khwolf13