Vapor/Charcoal Canister Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ifixyawata

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently (Saturday) replaced a leaking filler neck that was, hopefully causing a P0442 code and small leak a inside the rear quarter panel. Since replacing it, I've done a few drives, 30 miles or so, no recurrence of the code, Check Fuel Filler Inlet message or pending codes yet, but I do smell fuel directly after a drive.

Where is the vapor canister located on 3rd gens? Is it behind the spare tire like it says on 2nd? I can't recall seeing it when I was replacing the filler neck (had the spare down and everything) but I wasn't looking for it then.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently (Saturday) replaced a leaking filler neck that was, hopefully causing a P0442 code and small leak a inside the rear quarter panel. Since replacing it, I've done a few drives, 30 miles or so, no recurrence of the code, Check Fuel Filler Inlet message or pending codes yet, but I do smell fuel directly after a drive.

Where is the vapor canister located on 3rd gens? Is it behind the spare tire like it says on 2nd? I can't recall seeing it when I was replacing the filler neck (had the spare down and everything) but I wasn't looking for it then.

I believe it is underneath the vehicle, on the left side - about under the driver’s seat area.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turro15