What to look out for 2018-2020 Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rower4VT

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a 2018-2020Max Platinum 2WD and would like to know the major issues I should look out for. I realize the cam phasers can be an issue. Any other things to look out for? Any notable transmission issues? Thank you for the help!

S20Workstation4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 10R80 Transmission in those years have Valve body issues and CDF Drum issues. They can bit hit or miss, some vehicles need a full transmission replacement by 40k miles....others don't even have the problem.

I have a 2019 Expedition, 135,000 miles and have had zero transmission issues since it was new.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cam phaser rattle at startup, Turbo wastegate linkage rattle at startup & driving (no fix for this from Ford, u could install a spring to quiet it down alot) Tranny issues. Make sure you get the Ford PremiumCare extended service plan and have ALL options included especially LED lighting. Get longest/time plan possible if you can spend the extra cash for it