Windshield washer pump weak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

makenzie71

Reaction score
2011. When we got it the washers would barely get high enough to hit the wipers and after a month or so it completely failed. I bought a new pump and it does the same thing. Barely reaches the wipers. Screen is new, battery voltage at pump, lines are clear (blew through them with compressed air), there's nothing wrong with the nozzles...I actually swapped the nozzles to my 2020 transit Express and they work fine, and the nozzle from my transit still barely moves anything on the expedition.

What can I check? Is there a higher pressure pump I can try? The one in it is a Ford part.

mrbadwrench

Reaction score
Plug the line to one nozzle and see if the other sprays better. Then look for leaks. Maybe have a helper run it while you look at all the hoses for leaks.

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the same problem but mine stopped working. I flushed out the holding tank for 10 minutes with the garden hose. It cleared up right way. maybe try that?

1111ExpyEL1111

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm resurrecting this thread. My stream to the front window is very weak. I replaced the pump....no improvement. Is flushing the holding tank the cure?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khwolf13