Yokohama Geolandar AT G015 - 285/50/r22

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flying N

Reaction score
I apologize upfront if this has been addressed, but I have searched and searched and not seen anything specific to this size tire & wheels. I did find a few postes of people asking about this size of tire, but didn't see any replies. I have a track to a VERY good price on these tires. I was originally considering dropping down to 20" wheels, but at the price I couldn't trun it down..., and I want to go a little larger diameter tire (more sidewall).

Questions:
1) On stock suspensionsion (Platinum) is anyone running 285/50 22's, and better yet if they are these specific tires as the seems to be larger than std for the stated size (specs show 33.7" vs 33.2")? (285/60 20 are essentially the same size, and should be same for tire rubbing, etc.)
2) If so, did you need to make any fenderwell mods to clear at full lock?
3) Any pics would be great as well.
lastly, 4) When just going up this small size , are people reporgramming the computer/trans shift points? (4x4 with HD tow and 3.73 gears)

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
OP
OP
Flying N

Flying N

Reaction score
For any of you intertesed, I finally found some pics of one on 285/50r22 saying stock suspension. A little different wheel offset, but not much. https://www.customwheeloffset.com/w...pedition-dub-baller-oem-stock-fuel-gripper-at

Still curious about reprograming shiftpoints. This will effectively make the 3.73 gears = 3.55 gears. Maybe a tuner to make up for the added rotational weight and effective change in gear ratio, idk?