solid axle swap???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

828expo

Reaction score
what all is needed to do a sas (solid axle swap) any info would be great thanks guys

Last edited:

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
a lot. first you need an axle from about 77-79 light duty f250. then you need to clean it all up (grind off existing spring perches), measure to make sure she sits even under the truck, weld on new spring perches, etc....lots of work. i am going to be working on this project hopefully starting this time next year when i move back home to Iowa and have my garage. If you are not very mechanically inclined and good with welding, gonna cost you a pretty penny to get this done. then you have to run wheel adapters in the rear cuz you wont have 5x135 up front anymore...

OP
OP

828expo

Reaction score
im good with everything but welding lol and my dad is a expert at that lol so im good i jus neeed to know whhat all i need off the doner truck

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i will try to get you as much info as possible but your best bet would be to join virtualford.org. i started a thread on there on what all is needed for the swap. you can read through it and then ask any questions you may have. there are some very knowledgable guys over there for this type of stuff.

Bart Man

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Solid Front Axle

Im just as intrested to do the same! if you have any more info that would be great ! Thanks! :cool:

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
bart, i have been trying to get ahold of my buddy but he has been unavailable lately. I will see what i can find out in the next few weeks.