03 misfiring after 10 inches o rain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Red

Reaction score
We got about 10 inches in the past 36 or so and I drove BigRed on the freeway to see mom yesterday and back home. Poured the whole way about 60 mile round trip. No problems

Get up to take kids to school this mornin and this baby starts skippin immediately...service engine light blinkin at me but would go off. Took kids tried a few restarts....I have let it sit until a few minutes ago...Its still skipping and now service engine light just stays on permanently...WTH have I done...Did I get something wet? I did not drive thru deep water. Just so weird.

After it sat in the shop for 3 weeks gettin a new rear end here we go again! I am using my search button but if anybody wants to throw an idea out there I thank you!

PS and to top it off that wore out Lexus of mine has been in the shop since July 25 geez

Last edited:

bhamilton

Reaction score
Bad coil. Mine did the same thing. Whenever it was wet out it would start running horribly until it heated up and dried out the engine. Replaced the coil on the cylinder that was giving the misfire code and bob's your uncle. Runs like a champ.

OP
OP
B

Big Red

Reaction score
Thats what it was! So I had cyl4 coil and plug replaced. Ran great for a few days. Now its back. Not as bad as before and has not tripped the check engine light. But its now randomly cutting out...Enough that it concerned my wife to turn around from a 60 mile trip and drive home....oh I am so irritated and frustrated..Should I just replace all of them??

bhamilton

Reaction score
Thats what it was! So I had cyl4 coil and plug replaced. Ran great for a few days. Now its back. Not as bad as before and has not tripped the check engine light. But its now randomly cutting out...Enough that it concerned my wife to turn around from a 60 mile trip and drive home....oh I am so irritated and frustrated..Should I just replace all of them??

If you haven't done them, it might be a good idea. Or replace one at a time until it goes away.