2008 spark plug removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rkspaz61

Reaction score
I have an issue with removing the last spark plug. I have the normal spark plugs on this vehicle. The issue I am having is with the one located on the passenger side near the firewall. It seems like something is stuck or jammed next to it. Plastic maybe. Yes, I blew out before removing the boot and after. I have made several attempts to remove it. The socket will not fit on it. I have tried to use a pick to remove the item, Dremel bit (wont fit down in tube), WD40, fingernail polish remover, etc. A friend of mine suggests heating up the socket and see if it will melt the plastic. If its plastic. I am thinking just run the Exp until the engine is hot. Its located to where you cant see anything unless you use a mirror and a flashlight. Any help?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found the brass insert ( the one the retaining bolt goes through...) from an old coil down in the sparkplug hole. Got it out with a piece of 3/8 hose attached to a vacuum cleaner. A magnet wouldn't grab it 'cause it was brass. So try a length of hose on a vacuum cleaner see if you have any luck.

Vdubnick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
get a air blower with a thin long nozzle, i have one that is about 12" long and about .1" diameter, works great blasting out holes like that.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
As sang says, I'd invest $70 in an inspection camera. A handy tool. Use that to guide a right-angled pick and pull that junk out. Figures it's in the plug that's buried against the firewall.

2020MAX

Reaction score
I Believe I had the same issue when changing my plugs. 2010 exp. if I remember correctly I used a long 90* pick and was able to pierce it and pull it out.