2013 Smart Junction Box and Instrument Cluster Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2013 has an annoying attribute which seems to be "normal" per the owners manual. Unless the parking or head lights are switched on there is no illumination of the instrument cluster and the radio (basic) display is quite dim.

This all seems to be opposite of my Generation 1 which would brightly illuminate the radio during day and the instruments well illuminated always either by ambient light or backlighting. The dimmer would allow override if wished. But not this Gen 3 2013. So the radio is dim, the needles on gauges hard to see as they are very shadowed in the design of the cluster.

I have the wiring diagram and it seems that the SJB or Smart Junction box controls illumination directly.

Is there a way (FORSCAN?) to adjust the lighting behavior? I don't believe anything is broken per the fine print in the owners manual.