2014 Expedition - A/C won't blow cold on front passenger side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Forum Friends, I've done some searching on the forum but haven't found any postings with issues like my wife and I just very recently experienced in our 2014 XLT with separate driver/passenger auto heat/ac controls.

Basically the problem is the that the driver side a/c seems to work fine at any heat/cool setting. The front passenger seat, however, does not receive any cool air no matter where the temp control is set even down to 60 degs. Only hot air is blown out of the dash vents. While this is happening there doesn't seem to be any clicking noises or any other unusual sounds going on inside the vehicle.

I've read some posts about blend door actuator issues and some others discussing the need to reset the actuators. As this vehicle doesn't have quite 45K miles on it, it's hard for me to think that I would need to be replacing components already. Before I start opening up the dash and replace parts that may be good I'd like any advice you may have on where to start nailing down this issue.

Thanks much,
Richard

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Just wondering if it's possible that I only need a blend door recalibration to make my system opearte normally again. Should I try that first before starting a blend door replacement?
Thanks.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Just wondering if it's possible that I only need a blend door recalibration to make my system opearte normally again. Should I try that first before starting a blend door replacement?
Thanks.

You can try it. The procedure is in the service manual, but I can't currently access mine (It's on a CD and the PC I built a few months ago doesn't have drive bays.). That said, I have recalibrated mine several times over the years and it always ends up just being a very short-term fix. More often than not, it goes out of sync because the teeth are wearing down. The actuator was only about $20 last time I bought it.