2023 Expedition iphone send receive issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Les Saville

Reaction score
I have Sync 4 in my 2023 Expedition Platinum, my iPhone calls have recently experienced some issues. Sometimes the party I'm calling can hear me but I can't hear them. Sometimes when I place a call I hear a garbled static noise and cannot hear the party I'm calling. Both of these problems require a recall to correct. I had no issues until my latest download to fix a rear hatch switch problem was installed 11.15.2023

Yesterday 12.05.23 my dealer installed a new APIM, problem still exists. Any Ideas?

Thanks, Les

RacerBX1

Reaction score
I don’t have much to offer and may have had to do a call back to someone that was unable to hear me, but I just figured bad cell phone connection. One thing I suggest to try is to un-pair and remove that phone then re-pair it just in case things got corrupted in one of the update. I know as I’ve had my APIM module replaced that it does not blow out your paired phone so that data must reside in another module.

TonyR0206

Reaction score
I have Sync 4 in my 2023 Expedition Platinum, my iPhone calls have recently experienced some issues. Sometimes the party I'm calling can hear me but I can't hear them. Sometimes when I place a call I hear a garbled static noise and cannot hear the party I'm calling. Both of these problems require a recall to correct. I had no issues until my latest download to fix a rear hatch switch problem was installed 11.15.2023

Yesterday 12.05.23 my dealer installed a new APIM, problem still exists. Any Ideas?

Thanks, Les
I've got a similar problem with my 2022. When I make or receive a call, the conversation is complete static. I end up hanging up, and calling back or have them call me back and the quality is crystal clear. It happens every time. I am often on the phone for work, and make calls from my vehicle, so it's quite frustrating. My local dealer is investigating as we speak.

TonyR0206

Reaction score

Thanks, Les
So, I spoke with my dealer about the issue, as I'm having the same one. He gave me different items to troubleshoot. First he told me to hook my phone up to a portable speaker and try a call through it to see if I have the same static through the speaker. (to see if it's my Expedition, or my phone.) Speaker sounded great. He then suggested to make a phone call or two with my phone Wi-Fi turned off. I tried that, and the calls were crystal clear. Incoming and outgoing. I then turned my Wi-Fi back on, and my calls have sounded great ever since. We'll see if it continues to work, or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT