3rd Gen LIft question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlimpinDave

Reaction score
WHen installing the 3/2 lift I see some of ya'll have, does this negatively effect the suspension? On my 97 F-150 I cranked the torsion bars. This gave me a nice lift, however I had vey little down travel and I went through ball joints left and right because the suspension wasnt operating where it was designed to operate.

I would like to get this lift (assuming I have 3.73 gears, I dont know as I am in Afghanistan right now) but dont want to if I will be fighting problems.

I would really appreciate those of you who have this to let me know riding and driving issues you have. Otherwise I might just keep it stock height. I have 295's on it already. Those are plenty big for what I use it for.

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rock solid, no issues, and we road trip with the Expy. There's a hint more body roll but no problems with the suspension. The spacers affect the spring ratings of the coils but the overall geometry of the suspension remains really close to stock. Go for it when you get home!

OP
OP
B

BlimpinDave

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks. I will look into it definitely. I do hope I have 3.73 gears. i think I do but want to be sure. 305's here I come.

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, make sure you don't have rear air leveling option on your Expy. The spacers don't work with it.

OP
OP
B

BlimpinDave

Reaction score
I have 285's which fill out the wheelwell nicely. Just looking for that added something so if I have to hop a curb or something I dont worry about my running boards. There is nothing wrong witht he tires and they do extremely well on th ebeach and wet rain. But 305's and a little lift would be nice. I just worry about the suspension since it isnt a drop bracket.