98 Exp battery draining down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I agree on JamaicaJoe's caution about the steering. To many things can go wrong with that mileage. Check it out well. I had a similar problem on my 2000 where the cast iron steering box was literally rotted through.

OP
OP
B

bc11

Reaction score
Hello guys. Check both dome lights and they are working not sure if that was the problem without putting the fuse for the rear wiper back in.

Let me rephrase the issue with the steering. We have put in new control arms, ball joints, etc. What I meant by loose is actually a tight steering wheel with no play. My wife doesn't think there is a problem but after driving pickups etc., I'm used to a little play in the wheel. This has little or no play. I drive one handed with elbow on the door and it just seems to me that the steering responds and turns a little quicker than I like.

Simon Clowes

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I was on here to see what had been posted on what appears to be an intermittent drain. I"ll be checking the rear wiper and maybe disconnecting it's power until I get a replacement, if that is what it proves to be.
This is the thirs time, since buying the car in 2020, I have not used it for a few days (2 in thisc ase) gone out and found the battery is dead.