AC Confussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hackules

Reaction score
Ok I have a 98 EB. Just bought it a couple of months ago. When i bought I knew the AC was not blowing cold air. I figure a can or two of refrigerant would take care of the problem, no big deal. I add to cans to the system the other day and it is still blowing hot, however my wife noticed the vents for the rear passenger blow cold but is is just the front that blows hot? I figured I just had a bad temperature adjust knob in the heater controls on the dash. I decided to try the ones from the controls for the rear and neither the one below the rear veiw mirror or the one from the back seat changed the result? Could I possibly have a blockage in the hose that feeds the front AC? Anyone else encounter the same problem?

Thanks

robbieg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The system uses one compressor and condenser. If your rear is getting cold like it should them the mechanical components are functioning. It is likely a blend door problem that would be the first thing to look into.

Maverick1701

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the same problem when I bought my exped. It was the blend door.

Ice cold rear air but front air wouldnt come off HOT. Might as well change the heater core while you have the dash off too.

OP
OP
H

hackules

Reaction score
UUUGGGHHHH! I just finished the air ride to coil conversion last weekend and put a knew head unit in this weekend. I suppose the entire dash has to come out in order to r&r the blend door and change the heater core? Yikes my mechanical skills are being put to the test!

Maverick1701

Full Access Members
Reaction score
somewhere I have heard of a kit that allows you to fix the door by going through the glovebox....I pulled my dash though

robbieg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This company sells the part and shows you how to do it without taking the dash out. I have never used them just passing along the info.

HeaterTreater™

OP
OP
H

hackules

Reaction score
Holy Crap! Looks like the, " Lets just cut shit out until we can get to what we need to fix" approach. Thank you for taking the time to find the link, I do appreciate it, but I think I will pull the dash or take it to a shop.