After market stereo.amp. woofers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harry

Reaction score
I recently bought a pioneer stereo with an amp and subwoofers. Everything seems in the right place, but the subs or not working. I notice the factory radio had more than one connection in the back, I'm wondering if I needed to buy a specific one just for aftermarket stereo to use an amp and subwoofers. Any thoughts?

JuniorExp03EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recently bought a pioneer stereo with an amp and subwoofers. Everything seems in the right place, but the subs or not working. I notice the factory radio had more than one connection in the back, I'm wondering if I needed to buy a specific one just for aftermarket stereo to use an amp and subwoofers. Any thoughts?
depends man.....if you subwoofers are powering up. can you get a test lead tonit. either a power probe or multimeter.

your aftermarket stereo should go directly to your amp then from your amp goes to your subwoofer.

check out crutchfield bro. or youtube videos. if you still got everything un assembled take pics of your connections and locations.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any luck with this? If not did you get a chance to get pics as requested?

How is the HU connected to the amp? Hi level in or rca's? Is the sub connected properly? If it was a loaded enclosure you purchased are the connections inside the box loose? Theres quite a few things it could be but pics and a few minutes in there w a dmm will make it easier to narrow down.

I've seen new HU's come with subwoofer output turned off in settings which wouldn't send a signal to the amp and no output as a result.

The smaller plug is for the factory sub/amp. The 24pin is all you're really working with here as far as troubleshooting this.

OP
OP
H

Harry

Reaction score
I used a harness to connect the new HU which was bought at AutoZone. Aftermarket RCA were connected correctly. But no sound. You are correct the new HU did not have the subwoofers turned on but still no luck.
I also ordered a harness that connects to the factory amp/sub. That harness came with with an RCA which turned the factory amp on. But that's not what I want. I'll post pics later on today. I'll be looking at the factory amp to see if it's possible to bypass it.

Last edited:

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
None of the factory wiring or the harness aside from the remote turn on wire should have anything to do with this assuming your running RCA's from the new HU. The amp is turning on, right, just no output from the sub?

Does the amp have a push button that says input and then Hi/Low? If so where what is it set on?

Was this new or used equipment? What amp do you have? Sorry for the 20 questions. I was a car audio/12v installer until recently when I couldn't do it anymore due to a back injury. Blind troubleshooting is a bit tough...

OP
OP
H

Harry

Reaction score
None of the factory wiring or the harness aside from the remote turn on wire should have anything to do with this assuming your running RCA's from the new HU. The amp is turning on, right, just no output from the sub?

Does the amp have a push button that says input and then Hi/Low? If so where what is it set on?

Was this new or used equipment? What amp do you have? Sorry for the 20 questions. I was a car audio/12v installer until recently when I couldn't do it anymore due to a back injury. Blind troubleshooting is a bit tough...

Yea no the amp is on put no audio signal. No it does not have a button that says input. It was a used equipment I bought at a pawn shop. But I've had it for a year. I had it first in my other car and just put it on the expy. I have nemesis audio. I tried messing with the HU setting but no luck.

OP
OP
H

Harry

Reaction score
Update: I took it to a audio shop and it was the "gain" knob that was turned down lol fml. Thanks for the help gentlemen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris7990