All this signature stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
He doesn't bother me I have had worse said to me by much better people than him
I can never be butt-hurt by someone that talks through that part of his body.

DetroitDarin's although we may disagree about signatures I can understand your views just as you understand my views
However I do agree with stamp11127 and when it comes to him and I trying to provide electrical help that information saves time and also helps us to have everyone
on the same page. Makes for better results to a problem

To those that know me when I was under bedrck46 also know that I get very opinionated. And call things as I see them, but they also know how much I have contributed to this forum and how much I stay involved.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's what it says for those that dont want to review it

This is a intro forum,please post stuff about yourself here.
Please use appropriate fourm for questions and problems

HELP US HELP YOU make a signature line in your profile
with the year of your Expy model, trim line, and engine
size as this will show up in all your post.

Admin

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way I see it - mandating use of signature flies in the face of what an online forums should be; a place somebody enjoys visiting. Using the argument "This law/rule is here so WE can HELP you - it's for your own good" is much too heavy for a forums; especially one that's car-related. Frankly, it smells-strongly Obama in nature "Give the Govt your money so we can GIVE YOU MONEY! It's really for your own good!" :-/

If somebody doesn't give all the required info, there are likely one of only a couple reasons: they are new to forums and don't really think too much about that kinda stuff. They might be new to Expeditions and do not much think about the sometimes big differences between model year. Or, they really don't WANT help.

One really good way for people to get help from a forum - and I think 'helping people' is WAY down the priority list for a forum - the good way is for them to learn how to ask the right questions, and ask them the right way.

Mandating content of a signature line does NOT prevent people from anything; how many times have y'all been asked what size tires you have or what lift you have even with it right there? For me about Eleventy-seven times.

If a signature is an option on the control panel - as in 'show signatures' mandating signature content cannot be enforced. As I tried to ask in the announcement of the 'signature requirement' thread in 'site news' - are we talking 'Do this or you'll be banned?'

Darin

no one has mandated that this be a requirement...it is NOT mandatory...this is a way to aid in giving information because it is seen SO MANY TIMES where a member has a problem and explains the problem only to not give the year...model...engine size of their truck...so what do we end up doing??? asking for the information...this isnt a President Obama thing...whatever that means and refers to...it isnt intruding on your freedoms or rights...it is displaying your truck information to HELP aid in a quicker response time and for those that have access to diagrams/schematics...why is this such a difficult thing to do? this isnt change...this is a "can you please"

just so everyone can know...i have asked that it be added to the user profile when creating an account so that it automatically is displayed in your name information or make the signature mandatory...WHY? to eleviate the need for us trying to help each other from asking the same question that is asked in almost EVERY POST...thats how frequent it is...

for example...if a new member ask about how to install a head unit in a section that isnt marked for a specific generation...just posted it in general thread...i will have to ask what year do you have...if it's there and it says 2002...i can research a thread or tell him what i remember reading since i dont have 1st hand knowledge...

if someone posts in 2003-06 generation and ask the same question...I KNOW HOW TO DO THAT since i have a 2004...

everyone doesnt post in the correct or most correct section...

again...why are you giving so much pushback on this? i dont get it...no one has ever said you will be banned...the post i created says PLEASE...the STICKY JUST4FUN...the ADMIN created...says PLEASE...no where is there a statement dictating...mandating...ordering...saying you must or u will be banned!!! so how do you get so extreme with the measures?

questions are asked everyday right? new ppl join everyday right? they wouldnt be asking the question if they didnt want help...right???

lets not make this BIGGER than what it is...we're ASKING for you to put information about your truck that everyone easily and happily give anyway...use the signature to brag...say stuff...whatever...but can you PLEASE at a minimum...put the year of your truck? the model of your truck? the engine size of your truck? can you PLEASE do that as a gesture of being a member?

take a look at this post...he states immediately 2005 Navigator which is outstanding...lets say he had that in his signature...he wouldnt have the need to state 2005 Navigator for every single post he creates...he can get straight to the point with his question

http://www.expeditionforum.com/f41/brake-booster-advice-25070/

although this is a free site...it still takes money to maintain the site...so if you really enjoy the site and the knowledge gained/shared and everything it has to offer...you can donate to the site and be recognized as a "Supporting Member" (see my icon) and please remember...THIS IS A VOLUNTARY ACT...no one is making it mandatory for you to donate...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
would you like for me to take "requirement" out? or should i replace it with signature condition? concern? element? specification? term? clause? provision? caveat? direction? injunction? request? notification? decree? call? entreaty? imploration? imposition? inquiry? plea? petition? precept? statute? essential? plight? fix? juncture? quandry? decision? enactment? measure? notice? committment? precondition? exaction? need? promise?

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guys, what the heck is this forum coming to? I have slowly stopped coming on here daily as it has gotten to be a "he said, he said" place. There is some great information on this site, and I try to contribute where I can. I usually only post when I can be of assistance, or have a question, and typically don't feel the need to post any off-topic info.....MY CHOICE. We don't need any name calling, behind the back antics, or PM bashing on here.
The way I see it, if someone really wants the help, they should be smart enough to either put their model info in their sig, or put it in the thread content. If they do not have that info, don't respond to their question until they do. We all are here to help where we can. The sig info is a GOOD idea, but chiding someone that does not have it is getting to be ridiculous. Let them learn if they aren't smart enough to provide the info, they won't be getting any help. If we really want to help and they haven't provided the info, just ask them their model info. OR, If we want to make a point, don't answer until they do. Pretty simple.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the sig stuff is pointless anyway. I post from tapatalk 99% of the time. So I don't see anyone's sig anyway.

Kermit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the op puts all the pertinent info in their original post asking for help should it matter if is in the signature? Then it becomes the burden of the responders to actually read the entire post for the info.

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the op puts all the pertinent info in their original post asking for help should it matter if is in the signature? Then it becomes the burden of the responders to actually read the entire post for the info.

many times the op only states a problem or just says 1st gen or 2nd gen etc or if they say 1st gen expy with a heater problem

then there is a need to know if he has a XLT or EB of if he has manual control or auto (EATC) controls

the key word in your post was IF

and many don't

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris7990