Any deals yet due to coronavirus?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I still get emails from a slew of dealers since I bought mine a little over two months ago. Most look to have the same inventory as they did then. I even get a ford weekly update of some local lots and those look mostly the same, with one in particular that was of interest highlighted as still being there.

I cruised the local dealers sites on a lark and sure enough, they still ask about the same as before this all got rolling. Anybody find them willing to cut better deals recently? I had to buy out of state as the ones near me all made it clear they weren’t interested in the least that they got undercut by thousands.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford is advertising 3 delayed payments + 3 more payments on the house pretty actively on youtube... not sure if that's open to new buyers/lessees or just existing financed purchases

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Delayed payments just make them more money in interest. They're still charging the interest I'm sure, so now you end up paying them an extra pile of interest because you skipped those payments. I'd love to offer that as well as a business owner! lol

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm surprised with all you hear about new and used car sale down 35 or 40% that these dealers STILL don't give a poop if they sell a car or not. No deals, not moving much on price, even with vehicles that have been there for months. And all this talk about how things are going to change regarding how they sell cars in the future. How about the stories about dealers refusing to take back end of lease cars! IDK, I just don't understand it.

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t understand it either. They have those promos going, but it would seem prices should be falling along with it.

it’s a weird structure to it all even without covid. Two dealers in the Deep South told me they compete on price, but once you get closer to where the factories are in the north, the deals aren’t there. They just rely on factory incentives in those areas. At best people know somebody to get a pin from, so it appears there might be enough sales due to people thinking that’s the end all be all to a good deal.

the place I bought mine from sold an f250 to a guy in Kansas city and saved him about the same as they did me. Like 5-6 grand. Of course kc has a truck plant, so that follows on the x plan scheme thinking.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The deals won’t be showing up for another 60-90 days, you have to let the bleeding start to flow before they get eager to stem it and sell inventory at a price that is reasonable. There is still too much government stimulus money and people wanting to spend it on cars and TVs. Come July the dealerships will deal or die.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM is dealing. I’ve noticed Ford thinks their trucks are a hot commodity and won’t wheel and deal as much the last few years as previous. Up here it is mostly incentives.

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
GM is dealing. I’ve noticed Ford thinks their trucks are a hot commodity and won’t wheel and deal as much the last few years as previous. Up here it is mostly incentives.

they think it because it's true.
#1 selling truck, and MOST profitable line of vehicles made....they don't have to deal (as much).