Any way to disable memory seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bolt snapper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know I haven't lived up yet to my pledge to reduce the number of posts I make, but I haven't forgot - I will.

On my earlier battery post, I updated that I replaced the battery. I checked for a parasitic draw, and didn't find one. The one thing that occurred to me, though, when I first got the vehicle is the memory driver seat setting and that motor draw before you ever hit the ignition. The draw concern notwithstanding, I don't like the whole memory seat function, but I also have a concern that as the weather gets colder, I don't want to draw down the battery prior to starting with this silly feature.

I've read the owner's manual, and I can't see anywhere that you can shut off this feature. I pulled fuse #3 for now, but that disables the power mirrors (in the event I would need to adjust them).

Is there any method / workaround / wire to cut / connector to disconnect.....anything?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know I haven't lived up yet to my pledge to reduce the number of posts I make, but I haven't forgot - I will.

On my earlier battery post, I updated that I replaced the battery. I checked for a parasitic draw, and didn't find one. The one thing that occurred to me, though, when I first got the vehicle is the memory driver seat setting and that motor draw before you ever hit the ignition. The draw concern notwithstanding, I don't like the whole memory seat function, but I also have a concern that as the weather gets colder, I don't want to draw down the battery prior to starting with this silly feature.

I've read the owner's manual, and I can't see anywhere that you can shut off this feature. I pulled fuse #3 for now, but that disables the power mirrors (in the event I would need to adjust them).

Is there any method / workaround / wire to cut / connector to disconnect.....anything?

Year, make, and model (trim line) would be helpful.

OP
OP
B

Bolt snapper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry - I need to review my profile (I mistakenly assumed this would be displayed)

Mine's a 2004 Eddie Bauer 5.4.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Put the fuse back and I dont have memory seats but I would try to unplug that specific switch where ever its located that way hopefully the power seat functions still work just the memory seat option to be disabled...

This is just an idea, I dont know for sure if it'll keep your seats power adjustments working or not but seems the most logical & possibly easiest option since the fuse is joined with the mirrors.

Plati

Reaction score
Memory seats are GREAT. Especially when you get in your parents car and have your Mothers keyfob & your Mother is 5 foot tall BUT you are 6' 4". Worse than flying Economy coach on American when the schmo in front of you reclines their seat suddenly.

OP
OP
B

Bolt snapper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are at least 3 big connectors under the driver's seat - I don't have a service manual and have no idea what all of that wiring is for. There is a switch to 'set' the memory on the driver's door, but once it's set, I think it relies on the memory 'module' to move the seat around. Fuse #3 is labeled 'driver's memory seat, power mirrors, and memory module'. I can probably live with it this way, but I can't control the mirrors and also have no power to the driver's seat adjustments (can't move it up / back , etc. - had to set it where I wanted it and then pull the fuse before I shut off the ignition, which would otherwise make the seat return to the all-the-way-back position.)

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I would've unplugged one plug at a time and tested to see what still worked & what doesnt anymore... repeat until I either achieve desired results or run out of options and focus my energy elsewhere

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
On your instrument panel thingy in the speedometer, do you have a program called "easy entry"? If you do set it to off, that'll turn off the memory seat nonsense

I have an xlt and all I get is trip settings but I know EB has a message center on the bottom right... scroll through and let us know

Otherwise my internet research keeps yielding unplugging the memory setting do hicky under the seat

Bain64

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To be clear, are we talking about the memory seats for driver 1 and driver 2? Or the easy-entry function that slides the seat back to assist in entering/exiting the vehicle?

The easy-entry function can be disabled from the control panel in the instrument cluster. Scroll through the menu options and you'll find it. I disabled this within a few days of purchasing my expy because of the power draw.

Jimdar

Reaction score
I had a 2004 EB until very recently. Just program both memory settings to the same position and the seats won't move. Just for the record though, if the battery and charging system are working correctly there's nothing to worry about. I never disabled mine and the truck started every time in upstate NY winters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oelkersbrian