Anybody use Better Weigh or Haul Gauge OBD II scale system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking into travel trailers and saw the Better Weigh gives you all the weight info by just plugging into your obd port and sending data to your phone. Does gross and tongue etc. seems too good to be true for 100 bucks. Anybody try one?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Obd readers can only read whatever you have sensors for

If you DO have sensors for this (first I've heard of anything like it), then conversely you don't actually need to pay $100, a reader costs ~$12

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I see reviews for f150s so at least those have sensors it works with. It’s some algorithm that works with data from the computer and not a reader for just codes. Apparently a lot more data is available on 2008 and ups.

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I see reviews for f150s so at least those have sensors it works with. It’s some algorithm that works with data from the computer and not a reader for just codes. Apparently a lot more data is available on 2008 and ups.

Air suspensions might have something to read, but coilovers?

Might be some complex math from traction control computer, but I'd guess that would only provide very approximate figures that would only ever be halfway close to correct with stock rims and stock tires...if that.

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks but hoping to hear from somebody that has used one. Or at least heard of it.

also similar product from Haul Gauge.

m3bs

Reaction score
I looked into those but decided to spend $25 more and bought a Sherline scale. I pull a car on an open trailer, so once I figure out where to position the car, I shouldn’t have to use it again.