Back Up Camera Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donl

Reaction score
Hey guys, I know this is and Expy forum but there a plenty of smart guys/gals here. I did post the issue on an Explorer forum a few days ago; crickets. So I though I would post am issue I am having with my wife's Explorer Sport here; after all, it is a Ford.;)

I have attached a picture of the information screen when I put the trans in reverse; the image blinks on/off. Failed without a code and no warning, one day OK, next not. The screen is normal in all other modes, navigation, radio, phone etc. I have spent a day Googling and Youtubing but have not found anything that I can connect to this failure. I don't know what the screen would look like in reverse if the camera fails but am thinking the screen would just be blank? I have also seen a Ford Tech Makuloko video showing an issue with the camera connection to the harness that was corroded from moisture but the symptoms were not revealed in the video. Also read a post on another forum from an independent tech that had repaired many camera issues and all but two were the camera.

I am reluctant to replace the camera for two reasons; first, I don't know that the camera is the source of the problem and second, I understand that a new camera must be "configured" via Forscan software which is totally unknown to me.

Any suggestions would be helpful, particularly if anyone has seen this screen before.

Attachments

• Camera Screen.jpg
    Camera Screen.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 2