BFGOODRICH rugged terrain T/A's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Terragrapplers are great for me. Wouldve gotten the BFGs but price was way too good and im very happy with my purchase. They are great for regular driving. Very small hum while driving. Great in the snow. Tried them out this past winter in Philadelphia and South Jersey. If cost means anything then thats the way I would go.

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no retreads is all Im gonna say. Im not worried to much about the price id rather pay 1100 for tires and not 500 bucks. in past experience i learned specially with tires you get what you pay for.

I don't know what your experience with retreads are but I have heard nothing but positive reviews. To me it the same as paying for $200 HID kit when you can get it for $35 at ddmtuning.

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
BFG AT!!! Great tire that WILL take abuse and still give a good ride. Ive got about 15k on mine with lots of riding on trails and rocks, as well as highway and they are still in great shape. My parents have them on every vehicle, as well as his work trucks too. Cant give an exact mileage how long they will last since we havent gone through a pair yet, but my boss got 60k out of his last pair on his work truck. I paid just under $900 for 4 265 75 16 last summer and they are 10 ply as well.

Cant give any personal experience on other bfg tires as far as performance and durability, but my uncle has a pair off nitto terra grapplers he's put quite a few miles on as well.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
got a buddy with the km2s on his spooled expo. he likes them. he goes everywhere 4wds go. he got them at some little hole in the wall mexican shop for $200 a tire. im gonna have to go there to find a good deal on tires.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The bfg's are a solid choice, get them I sure would! I really like the new rugged trail tread design, dest of both worlds!

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
B-F-GOODRICH IS THE KING OF OFFROAD TIRES.... I dont want to sound like a spammer, but the amount of sales and reviews of their tires are no lie I had a set of BFG AT KOs on my toyota and while they kinda suck in the mud (mud down here at least) they RAPE any other terrain you put them through. The only time I "needed" 4wd in that little toyota was in Deep mud (like up to the hubs). Thats why there is a pair of 35" BFG mUd Terrains sitting in the garage waiting for their twin brothers!
I dont think that all other tires are crap but I know what I have experience with. I have friends that swear by Toyo MTs (too heavy for me) and ones that swear by Nitto Terra Graps (just a BFG KO immitator, but a good tire) others I know that wont run anything beside goodyear kevlars, and one that says that their boggers are the best all around tire (hahahah)---Bottom Line... Most of my buddies that have jacked up trucks and take em off the pavement run BFG, and swear by them. I will soon be one of those people.

Little more than my $0.02... but i have done more than my fair share of research on tires lol

OP
OP
Big Red Monster

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
to solider 777 i had retreads on the caddy i used to have, the tread sperated from the body and I damn near killed myself i spun out at like 50 mph and my friend who was next to me got part of the tire through his side window, how the hell i didnt crash into anything I dont know but thats why Im not going anywhere near a rethread specially since this truck is going to be mine for a very long time, Im prolly going to end up with the KM2 mud terrains in size 285 70 r17

OP
OP
Big Red Monster

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yup my minds made up Im going with the mud terrain km2s, screw the gas mileage and the ride comfort they look badass, now me and expeditionary will be running the same tires lol

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
HELL YEAH!!

KM2s are going to be SWEET!!! Im getting mine on this week! CANT WAIT FOR THE MUD!!!

BFG!
BFG!
BFG!
BFG!