Body lift install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, my question is who wants to post up their BL install, with pics if possible. I am thinking about doing this if I can find some 37's cheap but debating if I want to do it myself or just save myself the hassle and have the shop do it. would like to do it myself (with Panda's help of course!).

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
damn straight i would help you. im not doing bl on my rig yet. but i need to order the spacer. but i would like to see the install first. so i can get some ideas before i tear up nvys rig.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if your rig doesn't have much rust I would say go for it.... not the most difficult job in the world.... just time consuming...

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i say go for it... not too bad to do my wife helped me do ours... it took the weekend but it was also febuary in the north west it was a little cold... but either way not to bad just time consuming like he said :waytogo::naughty::lazer::superhack:

on a side not we need a YOU CAN DO IT icon just saying

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so you think it can be done in a day with your basic tools? how did you lift the body off the frame to install the spacers? i am going to have to make brackets for my brushguard and my winch correct?

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so you think it can be done in a day with your basic tools? how did you lift the body off the frame to install the spacers? i am going to have to make brackets for my brushguard and my winch correct?

i used a floor jack and a piece of wood to lift the body... and they say not to use air tools as it can ruin the threads as they are threaded sleeves not nuts...

yes im guessing you will need to make brackets for the brush gaurd and winch as i did for my bull bar..

if you do it inside make sure the doorway will allow you to get out of the garage...

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
oh, dont worry blue, i am doing it. im just waiting until i can get my hands on some 37's...

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
oh yeah, thats the real challange, keepin it on budget, tires as tall as a highschool girl get pricy:waytogo:

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've done it with air tools and without.... just make sure you get a big cheater bar.... also soak all the body mount bolts with PB Blaster a few times a couple of days before you begin... the more the better...

as for getting the body off the frame... easiest without a lift... is use a floor jack and a 4x4 to lift... also make sure you only remove one side bolts at a time and only loosen the other side... otherwise your gonna have fun aligning the body again...

for brushguard you can have a new mount made up... or if you have enough room re-drill the holes to adjust for the lift... that is what I did to my old 97 f150.... as for winch... i don't know just fab a secure mount...

and try to plan for 2 days... cuz if you think its gonna be done in one day "murphy's law" is gonna kick in... so soak!!! the bolts for a few days

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlself