Brake line fitting at front hydraulic hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fordgirl01

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am in the process of replacing at least my front right brake line from the hydraulic line at the wheel to the abs module. It mysteriously blew after I put new rear calipers and pads on-didn’t even get it out of the garage.[emoji2370]

So I remember doing this on one of my other vehicles (I think it was an EB expy I had at the time-I lose track since I tend to collect these big gas hogs) and I thought I remembered the fitting at the rubber hose being a standard 3/8x24 and possibly a metric weirdo at the abs module.

I decided to start switching to NiCopp brake lines, so I grabbed a piece of that with fittings at Advance Auto and a few short metric bubble flare to 3/8 x 24 adapters.

I got the old fittings out and discovered the fitting at the hydraulic hose was a bubble flare - I assumed it would be the standard inverted flare here. It looks like the original line or a factory replacement. Is this normal? It looks just like the 10mm x 1.00 that was at the abs module.

I got info from a thread on a Ford forum that the abs module needs 2-10mm x 1.00, 1-12mm x 1.00, and 1-11mm x 1.50 for the brake lines to the wheels. Mine appear to look all the same size (the 10mm x 1.00). I want to at least replace both front lines, but I want to make sure I have what I need to do the job!

Any navigator fans out there that can help a gal out?!!

OP
OP
Fordgirl01

Fordgirl01

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m also wondering about which lines go where. Looking at the abs module from the front of the vehicle...is this correct:
RF...LF...RR...LR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thesavo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bubble flares on Ford factory lines for years. I used standard double flares for splicing In a replacement. I took a stock part snipped at a few key points that I could get a somesplces in with the wrenches. Double flare couplers are more readily available over bubble flars

Also the 03 expedition I worked on had two ports on the abs module for the master cylinder, one each for the front and rear had a single line that split for each wheel at the back

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Fordgirl01

Fordgirl01

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s the way the 04 expedition that I had was. I guess the difference with this 04 navigator would be the advance trac. I assume that is the reason for each wheel to have its own brake line to the abs module.

Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thesavo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2004-05 service DVD and did not find a hydraulic diagram for either vehicle.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

tugood2b

Reaction score
My 2006 Ford Expedition has 3 ports on the ABS modual and they are all different threads??? WTF? I bought stainless lines from inlinetubes but they do not fit right and leak. I may have damaged the threads on my ABS in the process. My options are replace the ABS, find adaptors (good luck), connect my brake lines together to bypass the ABS module. I am OK with any option as I just want this thing to have working brakes. I foolishly threw away my old brake lines before I realized that I may need the fittings.