CarPlay and iPhone 12 Pro Max

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I spoke to soon. As soon as I unplug my phone and try and plug it back in CarPlay doesn’t work again.. makes no sense.

I have the same situation intermittently. Carplay is disconnected when I get out of the vehicle and leave the engine running. Most of the time it works very well to reconnect after I get back into the vehicle. But sometimes, like 1 out 5 or may be less, it doesn't. I assume it's a software glitch. I've figured two ways to fix the problem. 1. Restart my iPhone. 2. Restart the Sync 4. Since it always happens when I am driving, I just take the first option, by hard-restarting my iPhone.

Last edited:

bmk1

Reaction score
I have the same situation intermittently. Carplay is disconnected when I get out of the vehicle and leave the engine running. Most of the time it works very well to reconnect after I get back into the vehicle. But sometimes, like 1 out 5 or may be less, it doesn't. I assume it's a software glitch. I've figured two ways to fix the problem. 1. Restart my iPhone. 2. Restart the Sync 4. Since it always happens when I am driving, I just take the first option, by hard-restarting my iPhone.
I’ll try that next time I’m in the wife’s rig. I also noticed while I was listening to a podcast. It was very glitchy. Thought it was maybe my phone but when I switch back to Bluetooth it was seamless. Makes me wonder if I don’t need to replace that Plug-in or if like someone else mentioned the cable behind it is bad because it is obviously not getting a good connection.