CarPlay too bright at night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use Waze on Apple CarPlay. At night it is too bright. When I adjust dash light brightness by one increment it dims substantially. It even dims when the dash lights are adjusted one increment brighter. I have to do this every time I get in the car at night.

Is anybody else experiencing this? Anybody know a fix? I will look up my sync version later today. I have a 2019 and updated the sync in October. My iPhone is iOS 13.2.3.

fishrising

Reaction score
Same here, but it’s not just CarPlay, it’s that entire display regardless of what screen/menu I am on. Always brighter than the instrument panel. But as soon as I adjust the brightness up or down 1, the center stack display “catches up” with the instrument panel.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s a bug in the system. Hit the dimmer down button on the dash by the headlights knob, then the up button, and it will go back to the correct brightness level. I’ve been ******** about this for a year...

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just shut the screen off entirely at night so I am not blinded by it.

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
very annoying, i was trying everything and the lightening is not consistent from the gauges too

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah its a glitch in the system I suspect tied to the auto Headlights light sensor.

But the dash dimmer button will trip it to dimm down when it gets stuck on the bright setting