Check Advanctrac system and power surge issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelinchains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so a week ago truck wouldnt start,took the battery to autozone blahblah need a new battery.so fast forward to today truck has been running fine w a new battery but now wont start again!had AAA come out,checked battery,alt. etc..guy said the truck was experiencing power surges.when we got it started i ran a system check and the onboard computer indicated to check Advanctrac & now my Advantrac dash light stays on WTF?!Cmon fellas,any ideas here FYI i recently had new front rotors & pads put on,unsure if this is related,if so im still puzzled by the power surges & dead batteries

Last edited:
OP
OP
michaelinchains

michaelinchains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hellooooooo no one has an idea well niether does the repair shop its been at for 4 hrs..they just called and said take it to a dealer were stumped:wtf:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have the advanctrac so I have no advice.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
OP
michaelinchains

michaelinchains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
keeps getting more crazy so i go pick it up from the shop that couldnt fix it & the dash light & onboard message now say the Advanctrac is "ok"..however ive noticed my rear wiper doesnt work nor does my OEM keyless entry.not sure if my rear wiper relay is dead and constantly trying to reset the wiper even when the truck is off thus killing my battery or i have a gem prob.

Last edited:
OP
OP
michaelinchains

michaelinchains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
after alittle research its sounding like GEM module issues..anyone kno anything about these modules??is this an issue for 2nd gen Expys??

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know if they are getting wet that they can do some strange things.

OP
OP
michaelinchains

michaelinchains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just woke up went out 2 start it up & its dead again..im f`n done w it,ill get it 2 the dealership mon when we get bak from the boat:smokin:

timberwoof

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Damn that's funky. Never heard of that problem. The finicky crap they put on vehicles now days is dumb. Just more stuff to go wrong.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlself