Cracked my bloody windshield !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thereason21

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dammit, I just got a promotion and was gonna start to spend a little money on the expy and bang on the way to work saturday a damn cement truck kicked up a huge rock and cracked my windshield on the drivers side about 5 inches up from the bottom and about a foot across ... grrr ... I found a place on the internet that will come do it in your driveway for under $250. Any opinions??

:troll:

2002BLGT

Reaction score
Originally posted by thereason21
Dammit, I just got a promotion and was gonna start to spend a little money on the expy and bang on the way to work saturday a damn cement truck kicked up a huge rock and cracked my windshield on the drivers side about 5 inches up from the bottom and about a foot across ... grrr ... I found a place on the internet that will come do it in your driveway for under $250. Any opinions??

:troll:

I would turn it in on your insurance , alot of insurance companies dont charge deductables on windshields because its considered a safety issue ...

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm with USAA, they have no deductable for windshield repairs, but they do charge it for replacement.

But if you get either the name of the trucking company, or the plate number, they'll recover the deductable and refund it to you.

Sawyer

Reaction score
ya, my windshield has a little crack in it and they said they would fix it for 50 bucks if it was under the size of a dollar bill. Too bad I don't have a dollar to check that! Allstate will get new windshield for me if I pay 250 dollar deductible. WTF! I can get a new windshield online, installed for 180 dollars.

By the way those of you who have been following my cat code dilemma, I took it to the dealer and they said they would not fix it because when I ran the codes they cancelled out. !! The CEL came on the next day so I took it back (50 miles each trip) and they read it again and guess what -- ! the cat code came up again so now they have to order a new cat and get me a rental--now a week out on that order.... Trucks ' running sweet though...