Dumb Sync Question )Maybe)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A while back our Sync creen stopped identifying incoming callers that are in the downloaded "phonebook." They show up as unknown caller. However, when you answer one of these calls from someone in the phonebook, it then po0ps up who they are. Is there a fix for this? I've already reloaded the phonebook.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you use "emojis" as part of someone name in your phone, sync will have fits and not work properly.

OP
OP
Going_Going_Gone

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm sure it's some simple fix like mentioned that I haven't stumbled into yet, but thanks for your input, I'm not a fan of emojis.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you unpaired and repaired the phone? Also have you tried the double reboot?

OP
OP
Going_Going_Gone

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Will try reseting the phone, but what is a double reboot, a "soft reset" done twice?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Power Button, and Next Track, do it 2 times in a row. Wait to see ford logo after first time, and do it again.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Power Button, and Next Track, do it 2 times in a row. Wait to see ford logo after first time, and do it again.
Annoying part for mine (even after having the apim replaced), is that sometimes after a soft reset the screen goes black, even if I wait 5 minutes and do one or more soft resets. Until I shot down the car and restart it. This is across many versions of sync software, with or without USB devices attached, etc. Scared the crud out of the first few times, I thought it was bricked.