Dvd player won't turn off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07EL

Reaction score
So I recently purchased an 07 EL limited. Went to go turn on the dvd player for the kids yesterday and it had no power. Found the fuse pulled for the FES. Replaced fuse and the system worked fine. Me and the wife climbed in it last night and the control buttons on it were still lit up along with the infrared lights. We watched the button lights cycle on and off a few times (the little infrared lights stayed on constantly) but they never just stayed off. I pulled the fuse to avoid draining the battery. Does anyone have a clue as to where to look to fix this? Is there a relay somewhere that might be stuck that I can replace? Thanks in advance for any help.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have the slightest clue...good luck and if u get it fixed let us know

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Which fuse is it that you need to pull. Please reply with the fuse # example F-XX

In looking at the manual for the DVD system and the wiring diagrams you should not have any power going to the DVD player when the key is not in the run or start position

CORRECTION looking at the wiring diagrams again One diagram shows that the power to the DVD is hot at all times and the second diagram shows it to only have power when in the run/start position. If it does indeed have power going to the DVD player at all times then I would say that you have a faulty on/off switch on the DVD player.

Let me know which fuse you are pulling

Last edited:

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you happen to have the factory window sticker handy? Wondering if A) is the head unit installed in the dash is the factory original, and B) is the rear seat entertainment system factory installed? The RSES has delayed accessory power, so like the power windows, moonroof and radio, it still has power for apx 10 minutes after the key is removed from the ignition.

One easy way to determine both answers is - can the wireless headphones get audio from both the DVD player AND whatever is playing on the stereo?

With the key turned on and everything powered up, what happens if you momentarily press and release the (head unit preset memory) 2 & 4 buttons or momentarily press and release the 3 & 5 buttons.

I'm fairly certain that my infrared lights stay on for a while after the truck is shut off and one or more headphones are still powered on. The truck sometimes sits parked for 1-2 weeks and has never had a dead battery, FWIW.

Last edited:

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I noticed last night that the red wireless headphone infrared lights illuminate whenever any button on the exterior keypad is pressed. Odd.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the op can not turn his DVD player off with the on/off switch then I would think that is part of the problem

OP
OP

07EL

Reaction score
Which fuse is it that you need to pull. Please reply with the fuse # example F-XX

In looking at the manual for the DVD system and the wiring diagrams you should not have any power going to the DVD player when the key is not in the run or start position

CORRECTION looking at the wiring diagrams again One diagram shows that the power to the DVD is hot at all times and the second diagram shows it to only have power when in the run/start position. If it does indeed have power going to the DVD player at all times then I would say that you have a faulty on/off switch on the DVD player.

Let me know which fuse you are pulling

I replaced the fuse in F-03. It was labeled FES in my owners manual. It's originally a 15 amp fuse but I put a spare 20 amp in to verify. I later found the correct 15 amp in the center console and put that in its place with the same result.

My expediton has a navigation console so I don't know if that makes it easier or worse to troubleshoot. I haven't found a wiring diagram yet. Going to stop at a parts store and see if they have a Haynes manual for it.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First Never put in a larger rated fuse The fuse is there to protect the circuit and the wire form overheating.

Don't spend you money on the Haynes Manual Get a copy of the Ford workshop manual on DVD from e-bay about $14.00 They are specific to your year and model Or contact me for more information on the DVD