Engine Failsafe Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone else experience this? I was driving home yesterday and proceeded to get off the highway. Stopped at a light, and when i started to go, the info center beeped at me, and the "Engine Failsafe Mode" message flashed up. The engine lost all power but was still running. I was able to coast onto a side street, shut it off, and it restarted after a few cranks. has been running fine since.
I searched online and it seems to have happened with a fair amount of frequency. Some say it is the coolant sensor or the coolant is low (which it's not), while others say it is the throttle body or TPS sensor. Any experience with this by anyone on here?
Thanks

ironarmscott

Reaction score
I had this problem with my 05 when I removed my airbox complete the throttle body was caked so I cleaned by hand and problem went away took about half hour with all the build up

Reconracer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This happened to me a couple years ago. Cruise was set and I started up an incline. The truck shifted out of overdrive while the CC was still set and instantly the truck went into limp mode. Disconnected and reconnected battery and its never happened since although I no longer leave the CC set on inclines.