Expy/lightning fuel milage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Well after several tanks of gas I calculated overall fuel milage with my current setup and I am getting just over 10mpg around town. :bawl:

To be fair I am overspinning the eaton by a significant margin which pushes it well out of its efficiency range and roots blowers are not known to be efficient in the 1st place. 14psi boost... I would be doing much better milage with a whipple (twin screw) and the same boost or dropping to stock lightning boost levels with the eaton. I have yet to really get any highway miles on current setup because I typically dont drive on long trips.

But it does very well on the smiles per gallon. :)

Last edited:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have a 500+hp (almost 600) sled that the does the 1/4 in 12.6 sec's and your ******** that you get 10+mpg.:facepalm: If I had the money to spend in gas, I'd come up there and ***** slap you. WTF.:biggrin: I'll trade you trucks any day of the week.

Last edited:

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
your getting pretty much the same as i'm getting with a stock truck(city miles and a very heavy foot) so dont feel bad!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
then i feel a bit bad as i cant hit 15.5/17mpg highway :p but i dont do much highway driving.

i can get 14. but only during long drives. like to glamis or some place with no change in speed. thats the problem about going to the desert. i waste more fuel getting there than i do there. haha

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got 13MPG on the highway trip 91 Octane and Level 3, 2.5mpg better than level 2 and regular gas.
We'll see with the new gears, if it gets better..

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i got 13mpg going from tampa to lakeland, and lakeland to winterhaven... I get about 9-10 (closer to 9) on average because of a pretty heavy foot and 98% city driving
but im on 35s without a tuner