Factory Navigation on '03 - Any Experience?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

I'm about to buy an '03 Eddie Bauer and cannot decide whether to get the factory navigation system or to just add one after-market after I purchase the vehicle. Does anyone have any experience with the factory navigation system?

PaulC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A road test of a 2002 Navigator by one of the larger car magazines (I think Motor Trend) contained a whine that the system could not keep up with location changes (i.e., could not track the vehicle in real time) if the vehicle was being driven over 75MPH.

May or may not be relevant to the 2003 version, may or may not be an issue if you don't drive in full BMW mode on a regular basis.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the oem product fits just nicely into the dash and can be bought afterwards for 1400.00 I dont know if its discounted when packaged in the EB or not. However, if it was my truck, and its not, I would definetly go with the ford version. several reasons ..

1. looks great
2. the audible comes out of the speakers
3. the warranty is 3 years not 90 days or 1 year
4. Harder to steal than just leaving a portable in the car.

JT