Falken Wilpeak AT3W vs. Cooper AT3 4S

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, anyone have any worthwhile feedback?

Just picked up a Limited Max, waiting on delivery. First order of biz is to tint the front windows and swap out the OEM tires.
These are the 22" option, 285/45r22.

Live in Toronto, Canada. Winters are snow and ice, summers hot and sunny.

I have Toyo AT3 on my Lariat F150 in 22" and I like them very much, but looking for another option on the Expedition for the sake of trying something different.

minichunks

Reaction score
just put the Wildpeak's on my 19 limited with the 20" rims. So far so good. Definitely a rougher ride than stock, but i changed up to the 285/55/20 so i could go to an E-rated tire from the passenger load rated tires it came on. I tow a boat and load the car down, and could definitely feel the stock tires not being happy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
^^^ our expy won't do tow duties, it's the family hauler. My F150 is the workhorse.

I read a lot of great reviews on the Wilpeaks when looking for the F150, but opted for the AT3 Toyos at the time since the feedback seemed to make them a step above.

For the expy, I am considering it as a semi day to day use vehicle for the kids with city driving and occasional road trips. I'd prefer a snowflake rated tire that's focused more of mileage, weight and all around capability.

Since this vehicle won't be a workhorse or see off road, I am leaning towards the Cooper but have no real feedback on them, so who knows!

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you looking for dedicated winter rubber, or “all” seasons?

I kept the factory Hankooks on our 22” for summer (and a little spring and fall), but for Alberta winters I got a set of proper winter tires on new 20” rims. Nokian Hakkapiliita R3. They’ve been unreal so far.

minichunks

Reaction score
^^^ our expy won't do tow duties, it's the family hauler. My F150 is the workhorse.

I read a lot of great reviews on the Wilpeaks when looking for the F150, but opted for the AT3 Toyos at the time since the feedback seemed to make them a step above.

For the expy, I am considering it as a semi day to day use vehicle for the kids with city driving and occasional road trips. I'd prefer a snowflake rated tire that's focused more of mileage, weight and all around capability.

Since this vehicle won't be a workhorse or see off road, I am leaning towards the Cooper but have no real feedback on them, so who knows!

I've got an F150 that does most of my heavy hauling as well, but there are days where I need the extra seats in the Expy, so it does the occasional heavy trip. I have only had the tires for a few days, so don't have a ton of feedback other than they are FAR superior to the stock tires in snow.

OP
OP
M

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you looking for dedicated winter rubber, or “all” seasons?

I kept the factory Hankooks on our 22” for summer (and a little spring and fall), but for Alberta winters I got a set of proper winter tires on new 20” rims. Nokian Hakkapiliita R3. They’ve been unreal so far.

I prefer the snowflake rated all seasons. Saves me swapping wheels and this way I can just buy new tires rather than 2 sets, additional wheels.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
—- being a hardcore Nokian guy, i would say if you don’t want to go with dedicated’s winters like fizzy, and you don’t mind the E load rating, i would highly recommend the Nokian Rotiiva AT Plus (with the 3 peak snowflake and all around awesomeness so far for me they’re across the board top knotch in all conditions, with 60k warranty.... make sure it’s the plus, seems way better than the regular Rotiiva AT for various reasons.)

edit to add: i went with these instead of the AT3 4S, hence my 2 cents -

OP
OP
M

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
—- being a hardcore Nokian guy, i would say if you don’t want to go with dedicated’s winters like fizzy, and you don’t mind the E load rating, i would highly recommend the Nokian Rotiiva AT Plus (with the 3 peak snowflake and all around awesomeness so far for me they’re across the board top knotch in all conditions, with 60k warranty.... make sure it’s the plus, seems way better than the regular Rotiiva AT for various reasons.)

I hadn't found those in the 285/45r22 size so far.
I will keep looking.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will keep looking.

yeah, that’s good point that i hadnt considered - that’s likely not a size they make it in, i’m on stock size 20’s & they rip.

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will keep looking.

Yup. One of the reasons I opted for a second set of rims in a -2” size was because all the tires I wanted weren’t available in that size. Even in the 20” it was difficult.