From 2001 to 2007 - Loved old seat hate new buckets!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I bought several GSA vehicles. Always good stuff, well maintained and not beaten to hell.

And boy, you're not the only one who misses the bench seat and hates the buckets. By the way, Expeditions were available with that 40/60 bench with the fold down armrest up until 2008. In all three colors. Good luck finding one!

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy Cow, Andy! You got all of that out of those numbers? I sure hope you were able to cut and paste, because typing all of that out would have knocked me out! :) You said it was a fleet vehicle but not an SSV. However, in minor options it says Special Services Vehicle. Isn't that what SSV means?
The other great thing is that you told me the color of my seats in the back. They didn't look tan to me and they certainly didn't look grey! LOL! And when I gave the code to the parts dept at the Dealership they couldn't tell me either. But it says right there - Medium Light Stone.
It also says: (-) GVMT Service Administration. Does this mean it was a GSA vehicle? That would be fine with me! So was my 2001. But GSA tends to take great care with their vehicles, so I'm smiling.
Anyway, thank you so much!
Steve, I was able to copy and paste it It took less than a minute to get the info and copy and paste it. I misspoke it is a Special Services Vehicle.

(-) GVMT Service Administration I think this means Police/Fire operation but I think the (-) means negative or no, because my 2017 Limited that I bought new has the same thing at the bottom of the page like this one.

OP
OP
S

Steve Hartman

Reaction score
That's what I got, too. Yes, it's a Special Service Vehicle (SSV); but No it's not a Special Purpose Vehicle. (SPV?)

So, will seats out of an F150 fit? Because if they will, I'm dropping in a center seat to keep from going nuts! LOL!

I think this is what we read in Minor features that lead to that conclusion. Reads close to “Special Service Vehicle”.

• Less Special Purpose Vehicle

OP
OP
S

Steve Hartman

Reaction score
Well, I'm back again! Still stumped about seats. Bought a generic center console and still unhappy. Does anyone know if my 2007 "SSV" Expy would allow me to bolt in F150 seats? And how come the F150's get a center console and I didn't? Miffed! LOL!