Getting to passenger compartment fuse box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The dealer hired a sub that improperly installed the wiring to my DVD player. They are out of state. Local ford dealer unhooked it and solved all sorts of stuff being offline. They had used the number 36 fuse that controls park assist, pre collision, etc.

With the virus concerns, if I can fix this at home I should give it a run. I see the number 9 fuse is for factory rear entertainment and heads up display. 10 amp. If I can get at it and if the wires are still laying there, I can probably skip a 35 minute trip to a local installer.

I’ll probably end up running food to our parents that live 1.5 and 2 hours away because this won’t be letting up and they are of course at high risk. The kids will go nuts with the blank screens. The guys that did this were somewhat supportive for a resolution, but deeply skeptical.

I don’t have a wiring diagram for the dvd and nothing for the truck of course, other than the owners manual showing the fuses and saying it’s “behind a panel.” With three little kids it’s hard to carve out time to dig into this. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did end up finding that it’s behind the pass side kick plate. Too late to go out tonight and look, up the pics I saw look daunting to find what wire goes to which fuse.

Hope dvd wires are easy to find.

I even found an installation guide from voxx for the 18 up nav. It and the installation guide for this setup both just have generic paragraph stating you need to find a keyed 12 volts. Color codes for wiring would be much better.

also figured out it only draws 3 amps so I’m thinking the ten amp one for the one the factory uses should suffice.

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You should be concerned. When you have a doctor in the family you get better quality information.

This is the real deal.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You should be concerned. When you have a doctor in the family you get better quality information.

This is the real deal.
And a higher risk of exposure... I told my wife she may be quarantined in the basement if this gets any worse... she’s a ob/gyn so her patients are usually well, it’s the call she pulls at the hospital that has us concerned.

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They are closing clinics all over so it might cut down for us some. Your wife will still have call.

doesn’t matter all that much. Most all will get this. It’s about slowing things down so more can have a vent when needed and maybe pull through. Going to be a looooonnnnnnggg couple years.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's truly baffling how many people I know listen to talking heads on the TV box than scientists and doctors. Our government can't lie their way out of this one. If you don't have 2-3 weeks worth of food you are going to be desperate here soon. We have runs on grocery stores a couple times a year due to weather. It can happen anywhere.

@diceroll
Did you get em up and running?

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Been a tough weekend for it with the kids. They are going nuts already. Been calling older relatives.

going to try tonight to go out and see if the wires are at least present. Also not sure I have a tap. Could be hard to get at this point. We are headed to national lockdown within a few days.