Gun safe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Guy

Reaction score
I installed a safe from harbor Freight in the console of my '03. I worked at a place in a lower class neighborhood that was under gov't contract. Heres what I did:
I drilled holes thru the rear of the safe, thru the console and thru the floor under it. The small safe in ther holds a handgun and ket sets for various needs. The remainding space has room for a 48 CD case, a note pad, and tire gauges. The 4 didgit code is fast, with practice. Note: buy one which has a physical key override, as placed an object on the safe which pressed a button, ans the safes batteries died. Opened with the key and changed the batteries.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I had a Console Vault in my '07 and have one on back-order for my '17.

Only time someone tried to break into it was at a Ford dealer when the truck was being serviced. Despite slightly scratching and springing the lid they never gained access. I assume this was by an employee but regardless never went back to that dealer. (I'd removed my service pistol anyway so there was little to steal in there.)

Like any security container these won't withstand a 12" crowbar or heavy hammer.

-- Chuck

Larry McNeil

Reaction score
I had a Console Vault in my '07 and have one on back-order for my '17.

Only time someone tried to break into it was at a Ford dealer when the truck was being serviced. Despite slightly scratching and springing the lid they never gained access. I assume this was by an employee but regardless never went back to that dealer. (I'd removed my service pistol anyway so there was little to steal in there.)

Like any security container these won't withstand a 12" crowbar or heavy hammer.

-- Chuck
Can you supply manufacturer and model for the one on order? Would sure make it easier for me the equip my 17 king ranch Expi!

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My post. It's great, use it everyday! Love that it saves half the console space for other use.

Mark Buckner

Reaction score
I have a safe installed in my console that I really like. Unfortunately, the manufacturer is out of business. Finally someone - Titan Security Products - has begun to offer one of a similar design (Amazon link below). It still leaves a good deal of room in the console and when it is opened it draws the gun partway out of the box so you can grasp it. This allows the safe to be narrower since you don't have o get your hand down into it to grasp the gun. I will try to post some photos of my safe later today when I get off work.

IMPORTANT CAUTION:
Remove the console before attempting to mount the bracket(s) for whatever safe you decide on. There are modules for both the rear heated seats and bluetooth that are mounted to the underside of the console. Drill through them and the cost of installing your safe just doubled. Don't ask me how I know.