Horn question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jstrut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is my first post so sorry if I'm not in the right area but here goes. I just bought a 2000 XLT and I noticed the horn is not working. Every time I press the horn I get a clicking sound from under the passenger side dash but thats it. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Cant recall exactly where... but believe horn is behind grill on the lower passenger side.

Find horn check grounding and connector. If they look good you can test for voltage as someone presses the horn.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Found photo...left side right near top of tire.

Attachments

• horn.jpg
    horn.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
OP
OP
jstrut

jstrut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I checked the connectors and cleaned that out. I haven't checked the voltage yet but still just getting a click sound from inside under the dash. Can't hear it outside.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
unplug the horn. just two connectors. both positive and the horn is grounded to the frame. its easy to check. i have a different high pitch horn attached to mine.

OP
OP
jstrut

jstrut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The horn itself is actually just bad so I'm going to replace it. Anybody have any descent horns thats are a reasonable price?